- Dr. Maria Vargas-Vera and Miklos Nagy are the authors of a system called DSSim (a variation of my similarity algorithm has been implemented in DSSim system). DSSim HAS BEEN ONE OF THE TOP SYSTEMS in the OAEI-2008 Evaluation. More information can be found at: link. DSSim obtained top places in several tracks of the OAEI-2008 Evaluation, For example, Library, Directories among others. Therefore, on the light of the DSSim performance is fair to say that DSSim has became a competitive International System for Ontology Alignment.
- Dr. Maria Vargas-Vera, Dr. Lucia Rapanotti, Dr. Leonor Barroca, Dr. Shailey Minocha, Prof. Darrel Ince, Graham Roberts, TwOfour, LTS, OU Library and Research School are the main creators of deep|think the OU 3D-Virtual Campus for research students (Mphil/PhD’s). This 3D-Virtual Campus was developed from May 2008 until January 2010.
- Virtual MPhil program of studies in Computing
- Second life 3D-campus SLurl
- Virtual Mphil Team
- OU 3D-Virtual Campus video
- OU 3D-Virtual Campus Pictures
- Deep|Think article in the OU Magazine OpenHouse, issue number 425, 2009. Printed on the 24th November 2009. read more
- The 3-D Virtual Campus (Deep|Think) is currently in use with the first generation of part-time students who started on October 2009. Preliminary evalation has been carried out, however, more evaluations are planned to take place in the future.
- Dr. Maria Vargas-Vera is the main author of a system called MnM MnM IS THE MOST WELL KNOWN SYSTEM in the Semantic Web Community. The MnM system is available as open source at http://kmi.open.ac.uk/projects/akt/MnM/
Alternatively MnM page and released news
InfoExtractor talk presented at KCAP-2001, Victoria, Canada; October 2001.
- Dr. Maria Vargas-Vera is the author of the Question Answering System called AQUA.
- Dr. Maria Vargas-Vera and Yesica Castellanos are the authors of the system CONQUIRO: A Cluster-Based Information Retrieval Meta-search Engine.
- Dr. Maria Vargas-Vera and David Celjuska are the authors of the system Ontosophie (Semi-Atomatic Construction of Ontologies from Text).
- Dr. Maria Vargas-Vera and Emanuela Moreale are the authors of the system SVE (Student Essay Viewer).
- Dr. Maria Vargas-Vera is the author of Fril++ Interpreter (first version).
- Dr. Maria Vargas-Vera is the author of the system A Composition System for Logic Programs.
- Dr. Maria Vargas-Vera is the author of a Prolog interpreter (a Copy Structure-Based Prolog Interpreter).
- Dr. Maria Vargas-Vera is the author of SISMAP: An Intelligent System for Creation, Manipulation, Storage and Automatic Validation of Capture Forms.